Monday 26 May 2014

Things coming....

Yo!

All of you should be well...I hope you are!

Lots of things going down at Wild Animals Towers (Box Hill, Victoria):

Just finished the Crap Crab release...it's called 'Bohemian Crapsody' and it is a totally improvised 15min jam. I don't know how these guys do it! I refused to believe it is improvised (...it is)! I'm still being secretive about what this release is...but I can say I am am super proud of this one. The bands copies are in the post, as soon as they tell me they've got 'em, they'll be in the shop. THERE WILL ONLY BE 25 COPIES!

Also, they have another brand new track on this outstanding compilation from the dudes at Riot Season Record back in the Motherland....it's only £5 for 76 tracks!!! It is also for a good, nay, GREAT cause. Poor old Peter Kemp who the compilation is in honour of is now sadly no longer with us...his record reviews were/are always an entertaining read... http://peterkemptheworldisyours.bandcamp.com/releases



Lonely Wholesome 7"s are on their way to Oz (that's Australia, not on their way to see the wizard). I'm not sure I can express how please I am to be putting this 7" out. Sleeves and inserts are getting rubber stamped by the team (that's me...) this week and the road trip to pick them up from the lovely lovelies at R.I.P. Society in Sydney is being planned! That one will be 400 copies, 100 of which are coloured vinyl.
In the meantime, Jonah is in another band you might have heard of, you can buy their new album here... http://www.galleryac.com/fucked-up-glass-boys.html



Raul Sanchez i Jorge has given me a copy of his album (debut album i'll have you know) and FUCK, it is AMAZING! Hey, don't go thinking "ahh, he's bound to say that...he's putting it out!" ...this is a cracking album. I'm about to coin another new genre (see 'Hard-Pop')...here it comes....'Cowboy Drone'! This album is just amazing...I LOVE IT! Anyway, in the mean time you can see Raul rocking out with Aussie 'Next Big Thing' Violent Soho in front of a few thousand people when he helped them out at a show last week... http://youtu.be/IX9ekFwL2hs

Stay tuned, dream boats
Danx